The Wauconda Fire District Board of Fire Commissioners has approved and posted the current Eligibility Register for the rank of Firefighter / Paramedic effective, May 20, 2016, set to expire May 19, 2018.
We anticipate the next testing process to begin in January of 2018.
Part-Time / Platoon Part-Time Employment:
The Wauconda Fire District is seeking applicants for Platoon Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic employees. There is currently three available positions to be filled. Platoon Part-Time employees who meet the qualifications for the position are pre-assigned to a shift and work a rotating schedule. These employees are held to the same standards and accountability as a Full-Time employee.
- Pass a complete criminal background check
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess at least a valid Illinois Class B Non-CDL driver’s license within three (3) months from date of hire
- Illinois OSFM Certified Firefighter Basic or Firefighter II
- Illinois OSFM Certified Fire Apparatus Engineer
- Shall be certified on all District apparatus within six (6) months of hire. An additional three (3) months shall be granted to obtain ladder tower certification
- Illinois Department of Public Health certified Paramedic
- Approved by the Project Medical Coordinator from Advocate Condell Medical Center at time of hire
- Pass a medical evaluation in accordance with NFPA 1582
- Possess a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card issued within one (1) year at time of hire
All new Platoon Part-Time employees shall serve a one (1) year probation period overseen by the Joint Apprentice Committee. However, they shall always be at-will employees subject to discipline and termination as determined by the District.
Platoon Part-Time employees shall be regularly assigned to a platoon duty shift (i.e. Black, Red, or Gold) and shall normally work for periods of twelve (12) or twenty-four (24) hours as supplements to the minimum shifts established for Full-Time certificated bargaining unit employees.
Firefighter / Paramedic / FAE $20.00 per hour
Applications are available in person during business hours at Wauconda Fire District Station One, or by clicking the link. Application
109 West Liberty Street
Wauconda, IL 60084